Pages

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Rhotacism, otherwise known as Elmer Fudd's voice

If you have heard my voice, then you most likely know that it's different and unique from the way other's speak. I recently figured out (Thanks for my love of twitter and following Fact accounts) That there's actually a name for it. It's called "Rhotacism"

Rhotacism is the inability or difficulty in pronouncing the sound R. The most common way, the way I do it, is pronouncing it as a W. The most difficult things is, I can in fact make the R sound, it's just my mind cannot tell the difference from me pronouncing the W from the R.


Of course, I pronounce it Whotacism. Oh, the irony of it.
(That's a fact jack!)

((Sorry, I had two Coffees. You can all thank MOR for that))

(HEY, I'M COMPLETELY FINE!)

((Say's the girl who is talking to herself))

(...FINE! *Slams imaginary door*)

((Welp....))

Back on topic.

As a girl who constantly got asked to repeat the sentence (Talking fast and a lack of R's, are not a good combination) When I was younger, and still to this day, I did become self conscious about it.
Also, playing Computer games and being constantly told that you are a 9 year old boy when in fact you were  a 12 year-old girl, didn't help much. I only had one person I knew that did make fun of me. And he quickly stopped ....after my brother had hit him.
(He knew I had a older brother telling him to stop. Yet, he didn't make the connection.)


But, I am 16 now and much has changed. I talk the same but I love it. It's unique and many people have told me how cute it is. There is day's where I wish I had a different voice or that I don't constantly trip over my words but I just reminds myself, I know no one else like this, And I'm the real life Elmer Fudd. (but a girl, obviously)

I have guns. Now, I need to go wabbit hunting.


So, I'm left handed and can't say my R's.
I'm freaking unique.

I like being out of the box.
because box's are small.
and you can't live in one...

Sincerely, the girl with a complex mind.

2 comments:

  1. I love this blog! It made me laugh. I'm extremely proud of you. You are awesome! And I can't tons pend the rest of my life telling the world, "Ya, I gave birth to that." :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog and thanks for the reminder that we should all be proud of our uniqueness! Way to go girl!

    ReplyDelete